A T W M B – R O I , I N C . :
We are a multi-discipline architectural and engineering firm inspired by entrepreneurial vision. We partner with clients for long-term success by giving them the resources, stability, and best practices needed to achieve their highest ambitions. Our team-based approach ensures the cross-pollination of ideas and insights, and by drawing on the fullest range of current design innovations, we identify opportunities and remove obstacles to maximize our client’s ROI (Return On Investment). WMB-ROI has offices located both in Lakeland, FL as well as Melbourne, FL.
O V E R V I E W :
This position is offered to a talented and highly motivated individual who specializes in Civil Design. Must be a synergistic team player and an invaluable resource for WMB’s architects, designers, and clients. We aspire to provide a challenging and inspiring work environment for such a candidate in a position that will require detailed, project-specific designs.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Proficient knowledge of AutoCAD and the ability to produce construction documents on a multitude of civil site related projects
- Exercise judgment limited to developing details of work in making preliminary selections and adaptations of engineering alternatives
- Review and apply local codes and standards to construction documents
- Review reports, maps, drawings, test and other topographical and geologic data to plan and design projects
- Perform field work at project sites both during design and through construction
- Work under supervision of a project manager and civil engineer
M I N I M U M R E Q U I R E M E N T S :
- High School Diploma required
- Minimum 5 years experience working as a Civil Designer under direct supervision of a Professional Civil Engineer
- Proficient in AutoCAD and ability to produce construction drawings and documents with minimal oversight for review by a licensed professional civil engineer
- Ability to work independently, with minimal to moderate oversight from a licensed professional civil engineer
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Powerpoint)
- Employee must be a US citizen
P R E F E R R E D Q U A L I F I C A T I O N S :
- Capable of using civil engineering specific calculations software (examples include ICPR, WaterCAD, StormCAD, etc.)
- 2-year college degree in applied, job-related field; or 4-year degree in civil engineering
T R A V E L E X P E C T A T I O N S :
- Travel to project sites will be required for meetings and inspections, but is mostly locally within the Central Florida area.
W H A T W E O F F E R :
- Inclusion in a holistic project approach
- Development of a broad range of skills
- Competitive pay
- Health/Dental Coverage and other Benefits (after 90 days)
- The opportunity to make performance-based bonuses (after 90 days)
- Paid Holidays and weekends off
- Personal growth and career advancement opportunities
- A diverse and supportive staff who have an enthusiastic, open-minded approach to problem-solving, and a deep understanding for the value of teamwork.
To apply send your resume, cover letter and salary requirements to email@example.com.