A T W M B – R O I , I N C . :
We are a multi-discipline architectural and engineering firm inspired by entrepreneurial vision. We partner with clients for long-term success by giving them the resources, stability, and best practices needed to achieve their highest ambitions. Our team-based approach ensures the cross-pollination of ideas and insights, and by drawing on the fullest range of current design innovations, we identify opportunities and remove obstacles to maximize our client’s ROI (Return On Investment). WMB-ROI has offices located both in Lakeland, FL as well as Melbourne, FL.
O V E R V I E W :
This position is offered to a talented and highly motivated individual who specializes in Electrical Design and can assist in the planning and designing of building electrical systems for commercial and industrial building projects. Must be a synergistic team player an invaluable resource for WMB-ROI’s architects, designers, and clients. We aspire to provide a challenging and inspiring work environment for such a candidate in a position that will require detailed, project-specific designs.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- The ability to take electrical projects from inception through project closeout. This will include planning and executing the design and construction phases of the projects.
- The ability to make decisions independently on engineering problems and methods, and represent the company in meetings to resolve important questions and to plan and coordinate work.
- Preparing reports, specifications, and drawings.
- Researching discipline-related code issues and present interpretations.
- Visiting construction sites to review, monitor, and report progress.
- Performing other construction administration duties such as shop drawing review, answering RFI’s, preparing supplemental instructions and proposal requests, writing status reports, etc.
- Assisting in supervising, coordinating and checking the work of, as well as instructing, leading and mentoring Electrical Engineer Levels I, II, and III, and Designers and Drafters.
- Providing coordination of all applicable project discipline’s drawings and specifications.
- Assisting in client contact and communication pertaining to specific projects.
- Promoting communication, cooperation and quality among staff.
- Promoting and representing the firm in a professional manner.
M I N I M U M R E Q U I R E M E N T S :
- Minimum of Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering from an accredited four-year college or university.
- Experience with applicable Florida Building Code, ASHRAE, ASME Codes and other relevant to electrical design and engineering.
- Experience with commercial, industrial and healthcare facility HVAC and electrical design and engineering.
- Minimum 6 years experience working as a Electrical Designer under direct supervision of a Professional Electrical Engineer.
- Proficient in AutoCAD and ability to produce construction drawings and documents with minimal oversight for review by a licensed professional civil engineer.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Employee must be a US citizen.
- An active Florida PE license is mandatory.
T R A V E L E X P E C T A T I O N S :
Travel to project sites will be required for meetings and inspections, but is mostly locally within the Central Florida area.
W H A T W E O F F E R :
- Inclusion in a holistic project approach
- Development of a broad range of skills
- Competitive pay
- Health/Dental Coverage and other Benefits (after 90 days)
- The opportunity to make performance-based bonuses (after 90 days)
- Paid Holidays and weekends off
- Personal growth and career advancement opportunities
- A diverse and supportive staff who have an enthusiastic, open-minded approach to problem-solving, and a deep understanding for the value of teamwork.
To apply send your resume, cover letter and salary requirements to email@example.com.