A T W M B – R O I , I N C . :
We are a multi-discipline architectural and engineering firm inspired by entrepreneurial vision. We partner with clients for long-term success by giving them the resources, stability, and best practices needed to achieve their highest ambitions. Our team-based approach ensures the cross-pollination of ideas and insights, and by drawing on the fullest range of current design innovations, we identify opportunities and remove obstacles to maximize our client’s ROI (Return On Investment). WMB-ROI has offices located both in Lakeland, FL as well as Melbourne, FL.
O V E R V I E W :
This position is offered to a talented and highly motivated individual who specializes in Structural Design. Must be a synergistic team player and an invaluable resource for WMB’s architects, designers, and clients. We aspire to provide a challenging and inspiring work environment for such a candidate in a position that will require detailed, project-specific designs.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Proficient knowledge of AutoCAD and the ability to produce construction documents on a multitude of structural engineering related projects including plans, specifications, details and sections
- Exercise judgment limited to developing details of work in making preliminary selections and adaptations of engineering alternatives
- Review and apply local codes and standards to construction documents
- Review and apply proper structural design standards and guidelines (i.e. ASCE 7, AISC, etc..)
- Perform field work at project sites both during design and through construction
- Work under supervision of a project manager and structural engineer
- Ability to work with multiple structural framing types.
- Ability to coordinate and work with internal architectural resources and MEP consultants
M I N I M U M R E Q U I R E M E N T S :
- High School Diploma required
- Minimum 5 years experience working as a Structural Designer under direct supervision of a Professional Structural Engineer
- Proficient in AutoCAD and ability to produce construction drawings and documents with minimal oversight for review by a licensed professional structural engineer
- Ability to work independently, with minimal to moderate oversight from a licensed professional structural engineer
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Powerpoint)
- Employee must be a US citizen
- Experience assembling structural construction documents and details including:
- Wood framed construction
- Light gauge steel
- Reinforced masonry
- Reinforced concrete
- Structural steel
P R E F E R R E D Q U A L I F I C A T I O N S :
- Capable of using structural engineering specific calculations software (examples include Enercalc, Wind load calculator, etc.)
- 2-year college degree in applied, job-related field; or 4-year degree in structural engineering
T R A V E L E X P E C T A T I O N S :
- Travel to project sites will be required for meetings and inspections, but is mostly locally within the Central Florida area.
W H A T W E O F F E R :
- Inclusion in a holistic project approach
- Development of a broad range of skills
- Competitive pay
- Health/Dental Coverage and other Benefits (after 90 days)
- The opportunity to make performance-based bonuses (after 90 days)
- Paid Holidays and weekends off
- Personal growth and career advancement opportunities
- A diverse and supportive staff who have an enthusiastic, open-minded approach to problem-solving, and a deep understanding for the value of teamwork.
To apply send your resume, cover letter and salary requirements to email@example.com.